商务英语中级口语练习

若水1147 分享 时间:

为了让大家更好的准备商务英语BEC考试,小编给大家整理BEC中级口语练习,下面小编就和大家分享,来欣赏一下吧。

BEC中级口语练习:Sponsorships

Ⅰ.核心学习:Sponsorships 赞助

Steve: That is the jazziest t-shirt I have ever seen Mike.

史蒂文:这是我所见过的最棒的T恤衫,麦克。

Mike: Thanks Steve. It's brand spanking new.

麦克: 谢谢,我还从未穿过它呢。

Steve: Where did you get it?

史蒂文:你从哪儿弄到它的?

Mike: Fiona from the marketing department gave it to me yesterday.

麦克: 在市场部工作的菲欧娜昨天刚给我的。

Steve: Why are marketing giving away freebies?

史蒂文:市场部为什么要发放免费赠品呢?

Mike: It's part of a new campaign. The company is sponsoring a football team!

史蒂文:这是新的商业促销活动中的一部分。公司正在赞助一支足球队呢!

Steve: That is the coolest! Do we get free tickets to the games?

麦克: 这太酷了!我们能不能拿到免费的球票呢?

Mike: There are so many perks from sponsoring a sports team! Sit down and I will tell you all about it.

史蒂文:赞助体育比赛可是有很多额外津贴呢!坐下来,让我给你好好讲讲。

Ⅱ.单词简析

1) Jazzy: attractive, appealing, cool

奔放的:有吸引力的、很酷的

ex:The new fashion shop at the mall has some of the jazziest clothes in town.

商城里的新时装店有些镇上最酷的衣服。

2) Brand spanking new: so new that it has never been worn before

崭新的,从未被穿过的

ex:Last night I spilled a whole coffee on my brand spanking new pants.

昨晚上我把咖啡洒到了我的新裤子上。

3) Campaign: an on-going project

商业促销活动:马上就要开展的商业项目

ex:The new marketing campaign will increase our profits by 100 percent if it is successful.

新的营销活动如果成功的话,会增加我们百分之百的利润。

4) Perks: free benefits, sometimes called freebies

额外津贴

ex:Although my salary is not so high, there are many perks that make up for it.

虽然我的工资不高,但有很多额外津贴,可以算作一部分补偿。

Ⅲ.课文篇

We all know that marketing is one of the most essential areas of business. No matter how good your product is, if no one knows about it because your marketing is poor, you cannot make money.

我们都知道,市场营销是商业中一个最重要的核心领域。无论你的产品质量多么好,如果由于你的市场营销做得不好而不被人所知的话,你仍然没法赚钱。

Increasingly, sports marketing is becoming a popular way to advertise a company's goods and services. For an annual fee, you can have your company name on the shirts that sporting team or individual wears.

在体育活动方面的市场营销正逐渐成为公司商品和服务进行广告宣传和普及的一种途径。缴纳年费,你就可以将公司的名字印在运动队或队员穿的队服上。

As sports are incredibly popular on TV, having your company name on a shirt or cap means that millions or even billions will associate your company with the sport.

由于体育活动通过电视转播变得非常普及,把公司的名称印在队服的衬衫或帽子上意味着公司能通过体育赛事赚到百万甚至上亿的钞票。

Sports marketing is not cheap though, so some companies try other types of visible marketing such as putting their company name on tall buildings, or by supporting arts and musical events.

但是,体育活动市场营销的成本并不便宜。因此,有些公司尝试别的方法进行可视广告宣传。例如把公司的名称悬挂在高层建筑上,或赞助一些文化和音乐活动等。

The two most lucrative sports marketing events are the Olympic Games and the Football World Cup. If you can wait four years and have a large enough budget, by sponsoring these types of events, you can virtually ensure that the entire world will know your company.

两种最有利的进行市场营销的体育活动就是奥运会和世界杯足球赛。如果你能等上4年,还能有个足够大的预算的话,通过赞助这样的体育赛事,你可以确保让整个世界都能知道你的公司。

对话篇

Beth: Did you watch the game last night?

贝丝:你看昨晚的比赛了么?

Sally: What game? You know that I don't watch much TV.

萨丽:什么比赛?你知道我是不怎么看电视的。

Beth: The team that our company sponsors was playing.

贝丝:是咱们公司赞助的队在比赛。

Sally: Oh! I got an email about that but forgot all about it. Did we win?

萨丽:噢!我收到一封email是讲这个的,但我给忘了。咱们赢了么?

Beth: No, the other team beat us by a long way.

贝丝:没有。另外的那个队赢了我们一大截呢!

Sally: Will they have an affect on our sales and marketing campaign?

萨丽:那对我们的销售和广告计划会有影响么?

Beth: No way! The team might not be winners but the company is.

贝丝:绝对不会。运动队可能不是赢家,但公司绝对是。

Sally: I just hope they win next time.

萨丽:我希望他们下次能赢。

Beth: Don't worry - you will probably forget to watch them anyway.

贝丝:别担心。反正你可能仍会忘记观看的。

BEC中级口语练习:Relocation

Ⅰ.核心学习:Relocation 公司迁址

Steve: Good morning Mike.

史蒂夫:早上好,麦克。

Mike: Good morning to you Steve. You seem like you are in a good mood today.

麦克:你也早上好,史蒂夫。你今天看起来不错。

Steve: I sure am. I will be out of the office all day today.

史蒂夫:我的确是。我今天一天都不会在办公室里。

Mike: Why? Where are you going?

麦克:为什么?你要去哪?

Steve: A real estate agent is going to show me around some new office space.

史蒂夫:一个房地产代理要带我去看一些新的办公地点。

Mike: That sounds cool. At least you won't be stuck in this cramped office all day.

麦克:听起来棒极了。至少,你不需要一整天都呆在这狭窄的办公室里。

Steve: And neither will you for much longer Mike. The company is relocating.

史蒂夫:没多久你也不必了,麦克。公司要搬家了。

Mike: That's the best news I have heard for weeks my goombah!

麦克:这是我这个周听到的最好的消息,老兄!

Ⅱ.单词简析

1) Good mood: happy, smiling

好心情:高兴,微笑着

ex:Some people are always in a good mood while others never seem to smile.

有些人永远都有好心情,而有些人从来不笑。

2) Real estate agent: a person who sells or leases property

房地产代理:一个卖或出租房产的人

ex:A good real estate agent knows what's happening in the local property market.

一个好的房地产代理知道当地房地产市场上的动向。

3) Cramped: having too little room to be comfortable

狭窄的:空间太小而很不舒服。

ex:I have to share my office with three other people so we are very cramped for room.

我必须和另外三个人公用我的办公室,所以我们的空间很狭窄。

4) Goombah: a buddy, trusted friend

必需品:一定要有的东西

ex:This is my goombah - you could trust him with your life.

这是我的老兄-你可以把生命托付给他。

Ⅲ.课文篇

As a company grows, management needs to carefully watch and evaluate whether the office space can accommodate staff comfortably. If your staff is not comfortable, they will not be productive.

随着公司的成长,领导层们要仔细地观察和评估办公的空间是否能让员工们舒服地工作。如果你的员工决得不舒服,他们不会有很高的生产力。

When looking for a new office, here are some simple things to keep in mind:

当寻找一处新的办公地址时,要注意以下这些简单的事情:

Is it large enough for your current staff? Work out how much space each staff member needs and then add around 50 percent for extra people and things like meeting rooms etc.

它能容纳现有的员工吗?计算出每一个员工所需的空间,然后加上百分之五十左右,来预备额外人员和会议室之类所需。

Does the new office have adequate infrastructure? Are there enough lifts? Will the telephone system be suitable? Can you install high speed Internet access services?

新办公室有适当的系统架构吗?有足够的电梯吗?电话系统适当吗?你可以安装高速互联网接入服务吗?

Is the office near public transport, either the subway or a bus station?

新办公室离公共交通工具,地铁或者公共汽车站近吗?

Is there a good range of restaurants for all staff - not just managers on high salaries? What about banks and office supply companies?

周围有适合于所有员工的各种档次的餐馆吗?-不能只考虑高薪的经理们。

Will your clients be able to find the building easily? Does the building have parking for guests?

你的客户们会很容易找到办公大楼吗?办公大楼能给来访者提供停车位吗?

Finally, the decision about whether to buy or rent has to be made. Buying means that you have a permanent base and a tangible asset but you could have to borrow heavily to fund it. Leasing is more flexible financially but leaves you open to being asked to leave the building by the owner.

最后,一定要做出是购买还是租用的决定。购买意味着你会有一个永久的基地和切实的资产,但是为了这项投资,你可能要投入很多钱。租赁融资更灵活,但是你可能随时有可能被大楼所有者要求搬离。

对话篇

Beth: Did you see the carpet and paint samples Sally?

贝丝:莎莉,你看到地毯和油画的样本了吗?

Sally: I did. What were they for?

莎莉:我看到了。它们是用来干什么的?

Beth: I had to choose the color scheme for the new office.

贝丝:我要为新办公室选择配色方案。

Sally: What did you end up choosing?

莎莉:你最终选择了什么?

Beth: I couldn't decide so I asked all of the staff to vote.

贝丝:我决定不下来,所以我让所有的员工投票。

Sally: Great idea. That way no one can complain about the final choice!

莎莉:好主意。这样,没有人会抱怨最后的结果!

Beth: That's exactly why I asked for everyone's ideas.

贝丝:这正是我为什么要问每一个人的主意。

Sally: It is always a good idea to get everyone's feedback and thoughts on decisions that affect them.

莎莉:对于能影响所有的人的决定,征求每一个人的反馈和意见永远是一个好主意。


商务英语中级口语练习

将本文的Word文档下载到电脑,方便收藏和打印
推荐度:
点击下载文档文档为doc格式
266772